10 Insanely Ridiculous Facts About Disney and Pixar Movies!
Here's a list of the top 10 insanely ridiculous facts about your favorite Disney and Pixar movies.
1. Exactly 20,622 balloons lift Carl's house off the ground in Up — but in reality, it'd take more than 9.4 million to keep it in the air.
2.The words sung at the beginning of The Lion King are Zulu for "Here comes a lion, father" and "Oh, yes, it's a lion."
3. A hyena biologist sued Disney for portraying hyenas as villains in The Lion King.
4. Disney sold more than $10 billion worth of Cars merchandise in the five years after the movie's release - those are toy cars, not real ones.
5. Beast's appearance in Beauty and the Beast is a mixture of several animals. It's said he has the head of a buffalo, the brow of a gorilla, the body of a bear, the mane of a lion, the tusks of a boar, and the legs and tail of a wolf.
6. Mickey Mouse, Goofy, and Donald Duck can all be seen making a brief cameo in The Little Mermaid.
7.If you look closely, you can see "A113" in every Pixar film, a nod to the classroom at the California Institute of the Arts where many animators got their start.
8. Apple's Chief Design Officer Jonathan Ive helped design the sleek and sexy Eve from Wall-E.
9. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides is the most expensive film ever made. The movies production costs were 410.6 million dollars.
10. Walt Disney received one regular Oscar statue and seven smaller statues when Snow White and the Seven Dwarves won an Academy Award.